Chorizo, pepper and lemon chickpeas
A tasty quick dish that’s super healthy
Serves 2 for an evening meal or 3 for lunch; Preparation 5 minutes, cooking 12 minutes
- Large 800g tin of chickpeas (or 2 400g gram tins!)
- Two grilled red peppers from a jar, chopped
- An onion, chopped.
- 80g chorizo chopped into small chunks
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp hot paprika
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Chopping board and knife
- Saucepan and spoon
Start by gently sautéing the onion and garlic in a little oil for 5 minutes.
Add the chorizo, cumin and paprika, stir well and continue to cook over a low heat for another 5 minutes.
Drain the chickpeas and then add these to the mix along with the lemon juice, zest and some salt.
Heat the chickpeas through and serve.